Name: Jeff Anderson
Date of Birth: October 1962
Hometown: Cranston RI
Weight: 72 kg
Strengths: Enduro rides, Savvy tactics, Wearing others down
Years Racing: 1986-1989 / 2006 to Present
Hobbies: Photography, Safe Routes to School advocate
Favorite Food: Chicken Parm w/ Spaghetti
Jeff is also an advocate for Safe Routes to School in Fairfax – view the Facebook Page HERE >>
Read the article “Make Way For Wolfie’s Bike Train” at this Link >>
- 3rd 2007 US Masters National Championships – Tandem TT
- 3rd 2008 US Masters National Championships – Tandem TT
- 10th GC 3/4 35+ 2010 Tour of Washington County
- 1st 45+ Sport 2007 Cranky Monkey MTB series
- 2nd 45+ Sport 2009 Cranky Monkey MTB series
- 9th 2011 Ed Sanders 45+ Cyclocross
- 3rd 2009 3/4 35+ Tacchino Cyclocross
- 4th 2009 3/4 35+ Taneytown Cyclocross
- 1st 1986 Citizens Race – Massachusetts Bay State Games – First race!!
How did you get into bike racing?
My dad taught me to ride a bike upon watching me run after my friends riding their bikes. From that point on, I was always on my bike and never hung it up when I got my driver’s license. I met a bike racer in 1986 and he got me interested in racing. I won my first race, the Massachusetts Bay State Games Citizen’s race and upgraded to Cat 3 two years later. I took time off from racing for graduate school and to have a family. After watching the 2005 US Cyclocross Nationals in Providence RI, a muddy/snowy mess of a race, I was hooked on cross and have given it my focus from 2006 to date.
What is your favorite ride?
What are your goals for the 2012 season and beyond?
Bike more. Hug more. Kiss more. Like more.