Name: Jeff Anderson
Date of Birth: October 1962
Hometown: Cranston RI
Weight: 72 kg
Strengths: Enduro rides, Savvy tactics, Wearing others down
Years Racing: 1986-1989 / 2006 to Present
Hobbies: Photography, Safe Routes to School advocate
Favorite Food: Chicken Parm w/ Spaghetti
Jeff is also an advocate for Safe Routes to School in Fairfax – view the Facebook Page HERE >>
Read the article “Make Way For Wolfie’s Bike Train” at this Link >>
- 3rd 2007 US Masters National Championships – Tandem TT
- 3rd 2008 US Masters National Championships – Tandem TT
- 10th GC 3/4 35+ 2010 Tour of Washington County
- 1st 45+ Sport 2007 Cranky Monkey MTB series
- 2nd 45+ Sport 2009 Cranky Monkey MTB series
- 9th 2011 Ed Sanders 45+ Cyclocross
- 3rd 2009 3/4 35+ Tacchino Cyclocross
- 4th 2009 3/4 35+ Taneytown Cyclocross
- 1st 1986 Citizens Race – Massachusetts Bay State Games – First race!!
How did you get into bike racing?
My dad taught me to ride a bike upon watching me run after my friends riding their bikes. From that point on, I was always on my bike and never hung it up when I got my driver’s license. I met a bike racer in 1986 and he got me interested in racing. I won my first race, the Massachusetts Bay State Games Citizen’s race and upgraded to Cat 3 two years later. I took time off from racing for graduate school and to have a family. After watching the 2005 US Cyclocross Nationals in Providence RI, a muddy/snowy mess of a race, I was hooked on cross and have given it my focus from 2006 to date.
What is your favorite ride?